Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just doing a job

Its a part of my job to travel to Taiping (Malaysia) every so often. In the early days I used to stay the night in Ipoh (Malaysia) but soon I was a bit bored of Ipoh. Not that Ipoh is not an interesting place but I soon got bored with the hotels I stayed in. Don't ask me why.

And so I decided to travel up to Taiping to spend the night after I have finished my jobs south of Ipoh and in Ipoh. I have a few other jobs to do in Taiping, and in those days when I used to spent the night in Ipoh, I drove up the next morning to Taiping.

In Taiping I used to spend the night at Sri Malaysia Hotel Taiping . Its a big chain of budget hotels. Its at a good location, but I wanted a hotel right in Town. So I ended up at this hotel. Its a pleasant little hotel.

It close to the Taiping Main Masjid.

And one of my favourite view of Taiping its the range of hills (more like a range of mountain) behind the Town. Been up there when I was a school boy, and I intend to go up the hill again (perhaps someday). And from the Hotel I could see the hill very clearly.

And I am fascinated with some old buildings in Taiping.
The Perak Museum, which is under renovation is beautiful.

An old high official (British) residence probably (now used as a Malaysian Army Club).

An an old colonial wooden house, which seemed to have been neglected but looked like its under repair now.

No comments: